Monday, August 20, 2012

Oatmeal Bars

You will need:

4 c. quick oats
1 1/2 c. AP flour
1 c. Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of applesauce
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. dried fruit
Honey (optional)

Mix all ingredients together, make sure you blend it completely. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty and plunge them right in! Press evenly into a 13x9 inch pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Drizzle honey over them once they're done baking. Cut them into squares before they cool. Don't take them out of the pan before they've set for at least 10-15 minutes. You want to make sure they're firm.

Tips & Tricks:

This is my recipe, I've played around and tweaked other recipes until I got mine just the way my family and I like it. You can use Canola Oil instead of applesauce, but its not as yummy or as healthy.

I also like to use different types of applesauce. Mixed berry, cinnamon, strawberry, etc... As I'm sure you know, raisins are very popular in oatmeal, but don't be afraid to get creative . You can use any dried fruit you want, mix it up. You could use dried apricots, raisins, apples, etc... You could use all of them and mix them all together if you really wanted lol. Add nuts, chocolate, peanut butter, etc... These are so versatile! You can do some much with them. This is only one of my MANY MANY oatmeal bar recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment