Monday, March 26, 2012

You're Sexy IF You Know It!




First of all, when I say "sexy" that's what I mean! I do not mean trashy! It's very important to remember that everyone has their own definition of sexy, and there are a ton of different ways to be sexy! It's not all about appearance. Please keep in mind that this is MY blog, and I'm going to write about what I think is sexy. The great thing is, you don't have to read or follow my advice! This is just what works for me.




My love and I were talking just the other day about how I don't feel sexy and confident lately because I'm 7 months pregnant and I feel like I'm as big as a house. I can't wear the same kinds of clothes I used to, I can't wear heels, I'm tired a lot of the time, etc... I love the relationship I have with him, we're very honest and open with each other. He told me that he doesn't think it's sexy when I talk bad about myself. He told me that looks and appearance wise, he thinks I'm incredibly sexy, but me knowing that, makes me even sexier to him! So confidence is a must ladies. What I started doing was faking my confidence level, and after a while, I really did feel sexy again! Besides confidence, there are ton of different ways to feel better about yourself, work-out, and still accomplish everything you need to through out the day! Here are some tips that I will swear by! I'll post more in the future, but here are a few.




I know it can be very difficult, if not impossible to find time (and for some, money) to do gym type work outs, and guess what, that's okay! There is no need to spend tons of money on expensive gym memberships, and personal trainers. There are a ton of ways to kick you butt into shape doing what you do everyday! Here are some great tips that I use (or did before I got pregnant). These tips will make you feel better on the inside and look better on the outside! It really is a win-win!




ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wear pumps! That's right ladies! I don't care if you're rocking sweat pants, and your man's baggy t-shirt! Throw on a pair of pumps and clean your house! It's a great way to work out your legs and butt! We're on our feet so much throughout the day, you'll get plenty of exercise!




Who doesn't love a dance party? Besides maybe your neighbors lol. Put together a playlist of your favorite up beat music, turn the TV onto a music station, or plug in your headphones to your cell. I love music, and I love to dance. I put music on so my kids can hear it too. We dance around, and laugh with each other. Not only is it good for your body (especially in heels), but its a great bonding tool as well! Not to mention it makes house work a lot more fun!




ALWAYS take a little time for yourself! Remember, you're never to busy to look pretty! It's important to take care of you, since everyone else is depending on you. If you don't take care of yourself, after a while, how can you take care of your loved ones? Again, I don't care what your wearing at this point, take 5-10 minutes and throw on some make-up, and run a brush through your hair! The truth is, you can come up with every excuse in the world not to do something. If you want it badly enough though, you will find a way to make time. I usually always wear make-up. It makes me feel better about myself, and I know that my love appreciates the fact that I take a little time to take care of myself, as well as everyone else. Even though he tells me all the time I don't need make-up, that I'm beautiful without it. That's just him being his usual, amazing self. You don't need to sit in front of the mirror for two hours and style your hair, and try to make yourself look like a Cover Girl. I know that I don't have time to do that on an every day basis. It's just not realistic! It takes me 10-15 minutes to do my hair and make-up, that's including using styling products. Add another 10-15 minutes for a shower and blow drying. And guess what, it not only makes me feel better about myself, but it also makes me feel a bit more energized! And what mom doesn't need more energy?



Me after 10 minutes... Cover Girl? No!

However, I do feel pretty good about myself, and that's what matters!

If you feel good about yourself, chances are, you'll be more attractive to others, inside and out!




Laundry isn't just for clean clothes anymore! You may not realize just how heavy your laundry baskets are because you lift them so often, but the truth is, doing laundry is a great way to build some muscle, and work your entire body! Remember, WEAR HEELS! Do a few little work-outs while your carrying the basket to the washer/your sorting area. Stand in one place and do a few little work-outs! Lifts, squats, etc... It will all pay off!




Remember, being sexy starts with how you feel about yourself! The appearance of being sexy doesn't come until after you already feel it. It's easy to lose yourself in the everyday routine of life. It's up to you to make sure you remember to take care of yourself. How you feel about yourself will have a tremendous affect on your family. You're a constant example to your children. If you respect yourself, and take care of yourself, then they'll respect you as well, and it will teach them that's its important to respect themselves and take care of themselves as well. On a side note, please do not confuse confidence with cockiness. Cockiness is not sexy!




Until next time!













No comments:

Post a Comment