Monday, March 26, 2012

5 Tasty, Yum-O, Delicious, Sure-to-Please your Family Recipes!



Hello everyone! In this post I'm going to go over some recipes. I don't know about you, but I LOVE to cook! Admittedly, the first time I make something, it doesn't always turn out for the best, and I'm okay with that. I do my best, and I learn from my mistakes. Usually the second time I make something, it turns out great! Cooking to me is not just fun, but it's a great way to show my family that I love them. I research different recipes, get them from friends, create my own, etc... No matter where I get the recipe, I usually put my own personal spin on it. Usually I cook healthy meals for my family, but sometimes it's fun (and extra tasty) to be a little bad in the kitchen! Okay okay, get your minds out of the gutter...Or not, I like to keep mine there, it's much more fun LOL. Anyway, I've been working on broadening my bi-monthly dinner menus, and here are some tasty recipes I've come across. I changed them to my liking. You may need to change the serving size to fit your family needs. All serving sizes are for a family of 4.


~*From my table to yours*~




Tater Tot Casserole


I cup cream (I use half & half)
4 cups (2 bags) Sharp cheddar cheese
I lb ground turkey (you will need at least two lbs)
I 32 oz FROZEN tater tots
1 10.75 cream of chicken
1 10.75 can of cream of mushroom
Add garlic powder to your liking
Lots of *~*love*~*


Cook meat, drain. Mix all ingredients except cheese and tots. After its mixed we'll, layer the top with all the cheese. Then add the frozen tater tots on top. Do not mix cheese and tots.


Cook on 375 for 60 mins
The cheese will bubble over a bit into the tots, it's sooooooo good! Totally unhealthy but I serve it with salad so... LOL.
This recipe I'm making tonight. Actually, it's cooking now! I love that I can throw some things together in about 10 mins and let it cook all day. It leaves time for me to do my 2937759392847592 other things lol.


Shaved Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches


1 Regular sized bottle of your choice of BBQ sauce
1 lb shaved beef/pork/chicken
1/2 sweet onion
1 package hamburger buns
Lots of *~*love*~*


1. Cut and peel onion into whichever size you prefer. I don't like onions so I cut them into pretty large pieces.
2. Place meat into slow cooker
3. Add onions and BBQ sauce (just pour it all in there)
4. Mix well.
Cook 3 hours on med/high


Take your hamburger buns, lightly butter the Insides, place in oven/ toaster oven butter side down for 10 minutes at 350. Leave in longer for extra crispy.
I am making this one on Monday!



Slow Cooker Sausage & Potatoes


3 lbs baby red potatoes
2 lbs smoked sausage
8 oz cream cheese
1oz packet of dry ranch
10.75 oz cream of celery
Lots of *~*love*~*

1. Spray slow cooker with Crisco/Pam
2. Cut potatoes into whatever size your family prefers
3. Cut sausages into 1/4 slices
4. In a large bowl, mix softened cream cheese, cream of celery, and ranch. MIX WELL!
5. Put sausage and potatoes in slow cooker, cover with above mixture and stir.
6. Cook 6-8 hours on med/high




Simple but Amazing Meatball Subs

Okay, I love to make as much as I can homemade, but sometimes I don't have the time! Which is one reason I love this recipe, that and its super tasty!


1 pack of steak rolls
1 bag (2 cups) Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 jar of marinara sauce
1/2 bag of frozen meatballs
Butter
Garlic powder
Italian seasoning
Lots of *~*love*~*


1. Heat up marinara sauce, add Italian seasoning, and garlic powder to your liking
2. Soften (do not melt) butter, add garlic powder to butter, mix well, spread on steak rolls generously (you're pretty much making garlic bread)
3. Toast your steak rolls just until the butter and garlic spread has toasted, depending on your oven, about 6-8 minutes. (I spread mine to toast them. They look like little tents in the oven) Take them out.
4. Heat up your meatballs according to the package. That should only take a minute of two. Lightly press with paper towels to remove grease.
5. On your steak rolls, spread just a little marinara sauce, add meatballs, spoon marinara sauce over meatballs, add as much cheese as you'd like.
6. Put back in oven for about 5 minutes, just until the cheese has melted.
7. Enjoy!!!


This one takes a bit longer than the other 3, but it's sooooooo worth it!

Lasagna Subs


This is my own very special creation!


2-3 packs of Pepperidge Farm garlic bread loaves (I make my own about half the time, but this is quicker)
1 1/2 jars of spaghetti sauce
1 pack of ground Italian sausage (I use mild sausages, and sometimes I don't buy ground, and cut them into 1/4 pieces, its up to you)
1 large bag (4 cups) Mozzarella Cheese
Italian seasoning
Garlic Powder
1/2 pack of lasagna noodles (I use no boil noodles)
1 pack of Sweet-n-Low/Basil
1 8oz tub of cottage cheese
1 8 oz tub of ricotta cheese
1 bushel of fresh spinach
1 pack of Baby Bella mushrooms
1 TBS of butter
Lots of *~*love*~*

1. Cook sausage completely. Drain, let cool.
2.Prepare your sauce, add Italian seasoning and garlic powder to your liking, I never measure, add sweet-n-low/basil (I like my sauce sweet)
3. Chop your spinach, remove the stems completely. The size of your spinach pieces is up to you. Slice your mushrooms.
4. In a heated skillet, saute sliced mushrooms in butter with about two shakes of garlic powder (I sometimes use white cooking wine). When your mushrooms are about half way done, add spinach. Remove from heat once spinach has wilted, do not over cook! Drain. All together this should take about 7 minutes.
5. In a medium size bowl combine cottage cheese and ricotta cheese, mix well!
6. Lay your noodles flat in your pan. Coat each noodle with sauce and sausage. Layer mushrooms and spinach. Add about two teaspoons of cottage and ricotta cheese mixture in dollops, spaced out on noodles, . Repeat all of step 5 for 3 layers
7. On the top layer, use the rest of your mixtures, cover top completely with mozzarella
8. Bake according to noodle directions
9. Bake garlic loaves according to package directions so it finishes with the lasagna, remove sprinkle with mozzarella, let cool. Cut into 1/3 slices.
10. Once lasagna is finished cooking, let it cool for about 5-10 minutes, make sure cheese is still gooey. Sandwich the lasagna with the bread.
11. Enjoy!


I hope your family enjoys these as much as mine does! I'll post more recipes soon!



Remember, the most important ingredient is always *~*love*~*.

No comments:

Post a Comment