Monday, March 26, 2012

~*Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes*~




Here is a super cute sweet treat anyone will love!
I made 6 as testers for my baby shower. The decorating options are pretty much endless. I did these in basic hot pink with ice cream sprinkles. What I plan on doing for my baby shower is to use different color frosting to create a double scoop effect. Super simple! I'm also going to dye the batter. 

You can make your own cake batter or you can use pre-made batter. It really doesn't matter. I used Betty Crocker box mix (the confetti one). Whenever I don't make baked goods homemade, I use Better Crocker. 

You Will Need

Cupcake pan
Cupcake holders 
Cake mix
Frosting (your choice of color/white frosting with food coloring) 
Food coloring (I used Electric Pink. Use more than one color to obtain a multi-scoop look)
Sprinkles
Flat bottom cake cones (I used sugar-free jumbo sized)


Step 1
Make your cake batter like you usually would. Line your cupcake pan with the paper holders. 

Step 2
Fill cupcake holders 3/4 of the way full. Turn the cake cones upside down (flat bottom up) and place over the cupcake batter. You do not need to fit the cone all the way in, just make sure they don't fall over when you put them in the oven. 

Step 3
Bake cupcakes (with cones) for the amount of time it says on the box. If your using your own cake batter recipe, bake for the amount of time you usually would.
I only made 6 cupcake cones, I used the extras to round off the tops, but you don't need to.

Step 4
Remove them from the oven. Let cool about 10-15 minutes 

Fresh out of the oven
Step 5
 Once they have cooled down, SLOWLY and carefully remove the cupcake holders.


FROSTING

Step 1
In a bowl, mix your white frosting with your food coloring.  

Butter Cream Frosting 


I got this at Hobby Lobby
I added 3 drops






This was the final result
Sooooooo pretty!

Step 2
Once you've mixed your food coloring with your frosting, take a frosting spatula (back side of a spoon works just as well) and put a generous dollop on your cupcake. Spread around, turning the cone to give it a more authentic look. On the top add more frosting, round it off to look like an ice cream scoop.



Step 3 
Add sprinkles and viola! 





For easy sprinkle clean up, make sure to sprinkle over a paper towel, then funnel it back into the bottle! Waste not want not! 




Another way to make these is to bake the cupcakes without the cones. Once they're done and cooled, remove the wrapping. Put candy or whatever you'd like in the cone, fill about half way. Take the cupcake and place in the cone. Frost them the same as above. 

They ate them so fast! I had to tell them to slow down before they choked! You can only imagine their disappointment when I told them they could only have one tonight haha!












No comments:

Post a Comment