Monday, March 26, 2012

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

Here is my very own recipe for homemade dishwashing detergent! I've also included what I use as a rinse and dishwasher cleaning aid. Gotta love saving $$$$!

Make as much as you need. All you need is 2 tbs of Baking Soda and 2 tbs of Borax per load! You can also add a little bit of true lime/unsweetened lemonade (1 tsp). I use True Lime packets. Just one packet per load. It gives my dishes that extra little OOMPH.

Instead of using Jetdry or another pricey rinse agent. I use plain ole white vinegar. It also cleans your dishwasher! Don't worry about the harsh vinegar smell, there won't be any! You'll just have clean, shiny dishes, and a clean dishwasher! One bottle only costs me about $1. I love it!
This will leave your dishes clear and sparkling clean! Not to mention all the money you'll save throughout the year!

******keep in mind that every dishwasher is different. It took me some time to figure out just what worked for mine. Don't be frustrated, just think of how much money you'll be saving in the long run! How many extra trips to Starbucks you'll get to make :) Its all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment