Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our First Family Vacation!

We decided to take a trip to Florida so Todd and Jason could meet my family, and Todd's mom just had hip surgery, so we wanted to see her and his dad. This was also the first time my family got to see me pregnant! He also wanted to show me where he grew up (high school years). We had a blast! My family LOVES them! I think they like them more than they like me LOL. They got to meet my parents, my sister and her family, and my little brothers. Todd and our nephew Luis really hit it off, actually, he hit it off with everyone. He even played soccer with all the kids. It was very enjoyable! This was the first visit to my family that actually felt like a family visit on my end, if that makes sense. Todd and Jason just fit in perfectly. Todd interacted with everyone so well! My parents kept telling me how much they loved him. My dad, who if you know my family, you'll know he's not easily impressed, was very impressed with Todd. He commented on how he could actually have an intelligent conversation with him. And of course Jason stole everyones hearts. It was a great visit! My mom told me how I seemed different this visit, more relaxed. Those of you know my previous situation will understand that. We went shopping with my sister and her husband. They bought Mia some cute little outfits since they won't be here for my baby shower. My mom and dad got Mia some little outfits and this beautiful handmade blanket! The last morning of our visit, my parents took us out to breakfast. We ate at a place called Cheryl's. Its an old barn that was converted into a restaurant. I love places with character. Its was delicious! Ya gotta love that home-style country cookin! It was so nice to look around the table and see all my family, knowing that Todd and Jason are now apart that. I can't describe that feeling. We said our good-byes and left for Jacksonville from the restaurant. 

We had a great time in Jacksonville as well! I absolutely love Todd's parents! I wish his brother could have been there though! I really have no clue how I got so lucky. Not only is my fiance amazing, but so is his family! It was very relaxing at their house. Since Jacksonville is a nicer, larger city, we figured we might be able to find some XS/S maternity clothes. We found some. The smalls were still to big, but we found one pair of jeans. I got to see where Todd spent his high school years, and I heard some good stories. It was a blast! Todd's parents took us out to a nice dinner. Unfortunately at the end of dinner I started having contractions again, and feeling a lot of extremely painful pressure. Todd and his dad helped me out of the restaurant. Everyone at Whiteys Fish Camp got their entertainment for the night, that's for sure lol! Everyone was so nice and helpful. An EMT was there and she also asked if we needed any assistance. Luckily when we got back to his parents house, Todd got me into some more comfortable clothes, and I laid down for a while the pain stopped. It was really nice being able to spend time with Todd's family. I wish we could have spent more time with everyone. Next time the visits must be longer! His parents sat us down and gave us some very good information regarding finances. The information is super helpful, and while we do use a lot of the information already, were going to be more efficient when we use it now, thanks to his parents and excel! A friend of the family gave us a gift bag for Mia. It was so thoughtful! I of course sent her a thank you card just a few days after getting back home. His parents also gave us a gift bag for Mia, but it's for my baby shower, so we don't know whats in it yet. They are also sponsoring my baby shower! How amazing is that! Since I have to throw my own, taking the financial responsibility off of our shoulders has now made this very enjoyable! All-in-all, the visit was so nice! I can't wait to see everyone again! 


When I was younger I would dream of how things would be when I got married, now that I have Todd and his family in my life, that dream has been fulfilled, even more than I ever thought it would be. His mom told us a few months ago that I was the daughter-in-law that she had always dreamed of,  and that I was the girl she had always pictured her son with. Well, the feeling is definitely mutual! They are the in-laws I have always dreamed of! And Todd's brother seems just as amazing as everyone else! I can't wait to move to Florida (which seems to be a long lost dream as of now, but we'll save that for another blog) so I can not only meet my mom for lunch, but also call Todd's mom and setup shopping and lunch dates with her as well! I can't believe how amazing my life is! I am so blessed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment